- 1 Kilo Whole chicken (cut into parts) or choice cuts of breasts, thighs or wings. (2½ to 3 lbs)
- ¾ cup white vinegar
- 4 to 6 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 - 2pcs. laurel (bay leaves)
- ½ each onion (sliced thinly)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1/4 cup oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, mix the chicken pieces with the vinegar, soy sauce, onion, garlic and seasonings. Let marinate from 1-4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Add water, bring to a boil on the stove and lessen heat. Simmer for 30-45 minutes until chicken is cooked through and tender. Add water as necessary.
- Remove chicken from sauce and pat dry. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high flame and sauté chicken pieces to brown. Remove to a plate.
- Boil down remaining sauce somewhat until thickened. Toss chicken pieces with sauce and serve up with rice.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More