- 1 kilo chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ cup julienned ginger
- ½ cup minced onions
- 1 cup coconut cream (kakang gata)
- 4 pieces bay leaf
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
- 4 finger chillies (you can also use birds eye chillies if you want it more spicy)
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- In a deep skillet, sauté the ginger in oil using low heat until golden brown. Remove half of it from the pot and set aside.
- Add the garlic and onion and chicken. Fry until browning occurs.
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce, fish sauce, peppercorn and bay leaves. Pour the mixture into the chicken. Cover and continue simmering. (Don’t disturb for a minute to prevent vinegary taste.)
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a gentle simmer. Let it simmer till sauce is thickened.
- Add chillies then simmer for additional 5 minutes.
- Transfer into a serving dish. Top with the remaining ginger. Serve hot!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More