- 2 medium sized ampalaya
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 medium sized tomato, deseeded and chopped
- cooking oil
- Cut the ends of the ampalaya. Slice it into half lengthwise, and remove the seeds and white innards. Cut each half across thinly like half moons.
- To remove its bitterness, soak the ampalaya in a solution of 1 tbsp salt and 2 cups water for 10 to 20 minutes. Using a colander, rinse them with water, and then pat dry.
- Heat the oil. Sauté the garlic, onion and tomatoes.
- Add the ampalaya and cook for about 5 minutes or until it is tender. Add the beaten eggs, and cook until it firms up. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Try no to overcook the ampalaya so that it can still retain a little of its crunchiness.
- Remove from pan and serve with rice. Enjoy!
Recipe Source here
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More