- 1 pc red onion, diced
- 3 pcs tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 whole chicken cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 lbs pork loin (fat trimmed), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 200g squid, cut into rings
- 500g white rice, sticky
- 4-6 cups itag broth
- 1 large pinch kasubha threads
- 200g mussels in shell
- 200g clams
- 200g shrimp, shell on
- 2 pcs red bell pepper, strips
- 1 bunch string beans
- 10 pcs squash flower
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pc lime wedges
- banana leaf
- bunch of spring onions for garnish
- Saute onions, tomatoes in oil and butter. Then add the chicken pieces and brown it.
- Add squid and cook for a minute.
- Place the rice and toss, making sure rice is coated with the oil.
- Slowly add the itag broth and kasubha until everything is covered. Spread the meat and vegetables making sure everything is even.
- Arrange the rest of the seafood around the pan. Simmer.
- When the rice is almost cooked, add the bell peppers, string beans, squash flower on top and cover with banana leaf.
- Garnish with spring onions and lemon wedges
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More