- 1 tsp Thai red chili paste
- 1 tsp fish sauce ( patis )
- 1 tbsp black bean sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 6 ounces chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Cornstarch, as needed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 chunk of ginger ( about 1 – inch thick ), peeled and minced
- 1 – 2 Serrano peppers, seeds removed and minced, wash hands thoroughly
- 8 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 – inch pieces ( reserve tips )
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into pieces the same size
- 2 scallions ( green onions, spring onions ), chopped into 1 – inch pieces
- Sesame oil, to taste
- Peanut oil for deep – frying and stir – frying
- Mix the red chili paste in with the fish sauce, black bean sauce, oyster sauce, and chicken stock. Set aside.
- Dredge chicken pieces in corn starch, and deep fry in a small amount of peanut oil, remove when brown, and set aside. Put garlic, ginger, and Serrano peppers in a clean wok, in a small amount of peanut oil, and cook until fragrant.
- Add the asparagus pieces, saving tips for later. Stir fry and add the red pepper. Continue to stir fry, then add the chili paste, bean sauce, and oyster sauce mixture.
- Add the cooked chicken and cook for about 1 minute, then add the reserved asparagus tips.
- If desired, add the scallions, sprinkle with sesame oil, and serve. Serves 3 to 4 as part of a multicourse meal.
- Add the scallions, sprinkle with sesame oil, and serve.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More