- ¼ k. tuna fillet
- ¼ k. baby prawns, peeled
- ¼ k. white squids rings
- 2 cups singkamas ( local white turnip) diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 10 bird’s eye chili, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, finely chopped
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 stalks lemon grass, leaves tied and root bulb crushed
- 1 ½ tsp. turmeric powder
- 2 cups coconut cream ( first extract or kakang gata)
- ½ cup cornstarch slurry (4 tbs. cornstarch mixed with 5 tbs. water)
- Salt to taste pepper to taste chili powder to taste
- Blanch all the seafood then set aside.
- In a small skillet, place singkamas, bell pepper, bird’s eye chili ginger, onion lemon grass and coconut cream to cook with thick coconut cream. Allow to cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir constantly so that the coconut cream will not curdle.
- Add in the tuna, prawns and white squid. Allow to simmer some more.
- Season with salt, pepper and chili powder to taste.
- Pour in the cornstarch slurry. Tia will thicken the sauce and give it a sheen. Serve hot.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More