- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, coarsely chopped
- 100 grams bacon, chopped
- 30 grams spinach, chopped
- 10 grams malunggay, chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Mix the chicken, bacon, spinach and malunggay in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Place the chicken mixture in the bag with the flour and toss to coat (work in batches). Transfer the breadcrumbs to a rimmed plate, season with salt and pepper and set aside. Whisk the egg and 1 tablespoon water in a medium bowl.
- Remove a piece of chicken from the flour, dip in the egg mixture, then the breadcrumbs, gently pressing the crumbs into the chicken, and set on a clean plate. Repeat with the remaining pieces of chicken. Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces to the pan (work in batches if needed) and brown on each side, about eight minutes total. Transfer the chicken nuggets to a paper-towel-lined plate. Salt while hot and serve.
- 250 grams very firm tofu
- Heat about 1/4 inch of oil in a large skillet (I like to use a non-stick pan). Slice the tofu into rectangles about 1/4 to 1/3 inch thick.
- They will shrink slightly during cooking. Place tofu pieces in the pan (if the oil doesn’t sizzle, it isn’t hot enough yet). Leave some space between the pieces.
- Fry each piece until golden brown in the bottom, about 3-4 minutes. You will start to see the edges turning brown. Turn and brown on the other side, about two minutes or so.
- 200 ml ketchup, sweet blend (Del Monte)
- 100 ml Worcestershire sauce
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and serve as a dip.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More