- ½ kilo fresh mussels (tahong)
- ½ cup softened butter
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese. Grated (or pasteurized cheese spread)
- 2 small pieces of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. minced garlic fresh lemon slices or calamansi halves for garnishing.
- Black pepper to taste
- Wash the mussels well. Place in a steamer with slices of fresh ginger,
- Steam until the mussels open. Don’t overcook.
- Remove the upper shell of each mussed and discard,
- Arrange the mussel halves on a cookie sheet, Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400”F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, then transfer the garlic to a pastry bag.
- Pipe out butter over each mussed.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes (or until butter and cheese have melted)
- Serve with lemon or calamansi on the side.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More