- 1 kilo fresh large Tahongs or Mussels.
- 1/2 cup butter. (don’t use margarine, not good for your health).
- 6 cloves garlic, minced.
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese.
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Soak the Mussels/Tahong with water for at least an hour to get rid of the dirt inside the shell. Then drain it and place it on a pan with no water, cover and cook over moderate heat. When shells opens up, drain it and remove the top shell.
- Melt the butter then add minced garlic. Stir for few minutes. Brush each Mussels/Tahong meat with the mixture, top with grated cheese and cover with bread crumbs.
- Arrange Mussels/Tahong on a baking sheet. Bake in pre-heated oven with a low heat (250F). Bake it for 10 – 15 minutes.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More