- 1 k. beef, cut into cubes
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 peppercorns
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan then let it stand for 30 minutes.
- Simmer and cover tightly for an hour or until meat is tender then drain and set aside.
- Brown meat on all sides then transfer to a serving dish.
- Pour off remaining oil from skillet the place sauce and cook for a few minutes.
- Pour sauce over meat and serve then garnish with tomatoes and parsley.