- ¼ oz double crust pastry
- 3 cups ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup finely minced onions
- ¼ cup minced tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped hard – boiled eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet pickles
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Flatten pastry dough and cut into 4 – inch squares.
- Saute ingredients except pickles and eggs then cook for about 25 minutes.
- Drop in eggs and pickles then blend thoroughly.
- Add salt and freshly ground pepper then include jalapenos.
- Leave mixture to cool for ½ hour then drop large spoonfuls onto pastry squares, fold into a triangle, wet edges with water, then seal them.
- Bake empanadas for 30 minutes.