Beef Pochero Recipe
- 2 kilos beef shank
- (I source my meat supply from the Monterey shop of my friend Cristina Javelosa-Gamboa in B.S.Aquino Drive, Bacolod.)
- ½ pc.small cabbage, whole leaf individually detached
- 1 bundle pechay
- 1 bundle string beans
- 3 pcs. corn, each cut into 3 parts
- 5 pcs. bananas (sab-a variety), sliced into 2 pcs. each
- 2 pcs. medium-sized sweet potato (kamote) or potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoon whole peppercorn
- ½ cup green onions
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 34 ounces water
- 2 tablespoons *fish sauce or “patis” – optional
- (*my Tagalog mother taught me to use “Patis Rufina”)
- In a big cooking pot, pour in water and bring to a boil.
- Put in the beef shank, followed by the onion and whole peppercorn then,
- simmer for 1-hour-and-a-half or until meat is tender.*
- (*Note: If you’re in a hurry, you can use a pressure cooker
- ~ cooking the meat will take all of 30 minutes,
- instead of 1 hour-and-a-half!) ☺
- Add the corn,bananas and sweet potatoes.
- Cover and simmer for at least another 5-10 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce or “patis”, cabbage, string beans, pechay, and green onions (onion leeks).
- Serve hot.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More