- ¾ pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1 cup white or yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup purple onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Dash ground gloves
- 4 French rolls ( 6 – inches )
- 4 endive or lettuce leaves
- To make Onion Marmalade, sauté onions in oil in a large saucepan over medium – low heat 1 hour or until very tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, and ground cloves. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally 25 – 30 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Cool completely.
- Refrigerate in a tightly covered container up to 1 week.
- To assemble sandwiches, bring onion mixture to room temp. Place endive or lettuce leaves on bottom halves of toasted rolls. Arrange beef over endive. Spread onion mixture evenly over beef. Place top halves on rolls. Cut each sandwich in half.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More