- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, 4 to 6 ounces each, 1 inch thick
- 1 large shallot or small onion, finely diced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries, divided
- 2 cups port wine
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- In a saucepan bring diced shallot, 3/4 cup blackberries, wine and sugar to a boil.
- Boil gently to reduce wine to 1/2 cup.
- Strain and set liquid aside.
- Boil beef stock in a separate pan to reduce by half.
- This will take approximately 15 minutes.
- Grill steaks or pan broil in skillet 6 minutes per side.
- Whisk blackberry and port wine reduction into reduced beef stock.
- If sauce is too thin, dissolve 1 teaspoon cornstarch in water.
- Stir into sauce and bring to a boil.
- Whisk in 1 tablespoon softened butter.
- Serve steaks with sauce and garnish with remaining blackberries.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More