Not only a favorite among Bicolanos but among Pinoys across the archipelago, Bicol Express is the perfect way to spice up the day. The rich coconut milk with pork is a unique Filipino blend that adds a chilli taste to a famished stomach. A great plus is it’s not even hard to prepare. All you need are your pork belly, chilli, coconut milk and all other cooking essentials and you are half set. Moreover, the cooking half part simply involves simmering. Getting the ingredients in the pan together, tossing a few times, and a delicious dish of Bicol Express will shortly be on the way.
- 400g pork belly, diced (small)
- 3 tbsp bagoong alamang (shrimp paste)
- 10-15 finger chillies, julienned
- 6 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 cups coconut milk
- patis to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- labuyo for garnish
- Add the pork belly, stir fry for a couple of minutes
- . Add the 2 cups of cococnut milk and dried shrimps then bring to a boil and simmer in medium heat for 20 minutes or until the coconut milk had reduced to a thick oily gravy.
- Add the chillies and add the second can of coconut milk and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add patis and pepper to taste. And garnish with labuyo.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More