- 4 cups glutinous rice
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- Banana leaves
- Grated coconut meat
- Cook washed glutinous rice in water just like you do with plain steamed rice.
- In a saucepan, pour the coconut milk, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Stir and let it boil.
- Add coconut meat and let it cook slightly.
- Add cooked glutinous rice to coconut milk mixture and cook until thick.
- Stirring generously to prevent from burning and sticking to the pan.
- Spread evenly on platter lined with banana leaves or foil container.
- Top with latik.
FOR THE LATIK:
- 1 cup coconut cream
- In a pan over medium heat, add coconut cream and bring to a boil.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid starts to thicken.
- Lower heat and simmer.
- As oil starts to separate and solids begin to form, regularly stir and scrape sides and bottom of pan to prevent from burning.
- Continue to cook and stir until curds turn golden brown.
- Drain latik from the oil.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More