- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks, unbeaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sifted unbleached flour
- 2 egg whites, unbeaten
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- Jam or jelly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter until fluffy.
- Gradually add brown sugar and mix until well blended.
- Add egg yolks. Mix well.
- Blend in vanilla, salt and flour.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Dip each ball in egg whites, then roll in chopped nuts.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Quickly make a depression in center of each cookie with thumb.
- Bake 6 minutes longer.
- Cool and fill depression with jam.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More