- 1 kilo ulang/ giant freshwater shrimp
- 2 white onions, sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup calamansi juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 2 tsps. sugar
- Rock salt
- Cooking oil
- Burong mangga
- In a medium-sized wok or frying pan, heat some oil and sauté onions for about two minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Pour water, calamansi juice, soy sauce, sugar and ground pepper then let boil.
- Add also some of the sautéed onions and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the ulang and simmer for five minutes and add the onions.
- Serve with burong mangga.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More