- 2 tablespoons vegetable or corn oil
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced ginger root
- 2 tablespoons patis or salt
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1-1/2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 1 2 to 3 pound chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups cubed green papaya or zucchini
- In a large saucepan, heat oil. Saute garlic, onion and ginger. Brown garlic and cook onion until transparent. Add chicken pieces and stir well until chicken is partly cooked. Season with salt, pepper and patis if desired.
- Add water. Cover and simmer over moderate heat until chicken is tender. Uncover pot and add papaya or zucchini. Cook until tender. Turn off heat and add spinach leaves.
- Serve hot.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More