- 3 medium chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 3 large bok- choy stalks with leaves
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 green onion, diced 2 tsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup low – sodium chicken broth 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp white rice vinegar 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch 4 tsps water
- 4 to 5 tbsp oil for stir – frying, as needed
- Cut the chicken into thin strips about 2 – inches long. Add the rice wine or sherry, green onion and the cornstarch. Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, prepare the bok – choy and the sauce. Separate the bok – choy leaves and stalks, and cut both cross – wise into thin strips.
- Combine the sauce ingredients and set aside. Combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat wok and add 2 tbsp oil. When oil is ready, add the chicken and stir – fry until it turns white and is nearly cooked. ( Stir – fry in two batches if necessary ). Drain the stir – fried chicken on paper towels.
- Clean out the wok and add 2 – 3 tbsp oil. When oil is ready, add the bok – choy stalks. Stir – fry briefly and add the leaves.
- Push the bok – choy up to the sides of the wok and add the sauce in the middle. Turn up the heat to bring to a boil. Add the cornstarch/ water mixture to the sauce and stir rapidly to chicken.
- Add the chicken. Mix through and serve hot. Serve 4.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More