Jonesing for your Korean fried chicken fix, but annoyed at the serving sizes you’re getting for the price? With this simple recipe, you can replicate the crunch and crisp of a well-fried chicken wing similar to those in your favorite Korean fast food haunts, with the savory and sweet glaze of soy garlic sauce which will keep you reaching for another helping of this lip-smacking treat. The sesame seeds provide a nutty, added crunch that works well with the flash-fried chicken. Whether it’s to accompany a heaping bowl of fragrant white rice for lunch, or to serve in a large bucket as a party treat, these soy garlic wings are bound to be a hit with your family and friends. Just remember to drain these well after frying to keep them from getting soggy, and to keep them as light and crisp to the bite as possible!
For the double fried chicken:
- 1/2 kilo Bounty Fresh chicken wings
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 cups cornstarch
For the soy garlic glaze:
- ¼ small onion, shredded
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ cup light soy sauce
- ¼ cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1-inch ginger, peeled and shredded
- White sesame seeds, for garnish
- Pat dry chicken wings. Season then dredge chicken in cornstarch. Deep fry until cooked all the way through. Place on paper towel to drain excess oil and allow to dry.
- To make soy-garlic glaze, combine onion, garlic, soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar, garlic powder and ginger in a saucepan. Place over low-medium heat and stir until sugar is fully dissolved. In a small bowl, place cornstarch and a tablespoon of the soy-garlic mixture. Mix to dissolve. Add to the saucepan and stir until slightly thickened.
- Flash fry chicken in hot oil. Place on paper towel to drain excess oil. Toss chicken wings in glaze. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More