- 1 kl pork front leg (pata)
- 2 tbsp whole black peppercorns
- 2 tbsp rock salt
- 3 pcs laurel leaves
- 4 cups vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Debone and remove the meat inside then season with salt and chopped garlic, black pepper and a little bit of paprika. Wrapped in cheese cloth and tightened with butcher’s string. And cook the pork leg or pata in boiling water with salt and whole black peppercorn for 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Then remove the cheese cloth and use the two fork to skewer all over the skin
- Place pata in a deep pan filled with cooking oil; simmer for 20 minutes on very low heat. Set aside to cool.
- Place again in cooking oil and simmer for another 10 minutes on very low heat. Then deep-fry for 5 minutes on high heat, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Slice into thin rounds and serve with soy vinaigrette on the side.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More