- 1/2 kilo pork heart
- 1/2 kilo pork lungs
- 300g pork fat, skin on
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red onion, minced
- 4 pcs bay leaves
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 tbsp siling labuyo or cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp annatto powder, dissolved in 3 tbsp stock
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 1 knot pandan leaves
- 3 cups vinegar
- 1 cup pork stock fish sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- canola oil
- green chili pepper for garnish
- 4-5 big bell peppers
- In large frying pan, add pork fat, heart and lungs, lemongrass, pandan leaves, 1 cup of vinegar, 1 tbsp salt and enough water to cover the meat.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove meat, let it cool then dice the meat finely. Set aside.
- In a heavy pan, heat oil and sauté garlic and onions. Add the chopped meat, cayenne pepper and bay leaves, stir fry for 3 minutes. 5. Add bell pepper, 1 cup of vinegar and stock, bring to a boil and simmer in high heat until sauce thickens.
- Add more vinegar if you want it more sour.
- Add annatto powder mixture then season with fish sauce and lots of freshly ground black pepper.
- Simmer for 2 minutes then place in big bell peppers and garnish with green chili pepper. Serve with hot rice.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More