- 1 kilo pork belly slab
- 2 heads garlic, minced
- 1 pc red onion, quartered
- ¾ cup white vinegar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsps salted black beans, drain and wash
- 1 tsp ground black peppercorns
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- 2 pcs star anise
- ¼ cup peanuts, skin off
- Water as needed
- In a stockpot, place the water, onion and pork belly.
- Season with salt and ground peppercorns.
- Boil the pork belly until tender.
- Drain, set aside and let it cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and salted black beans.
- Marinate the pork belly in the sauce mixture.
- In a deep pan, place pork belly and the marinade.
- Boil, reduce the heat into simmer and let it cook until tender.
- Add water as needed while the pork is not yet tender.
- Once the pork is tender, remove the sauce and slice thinly.
- Serve in a dish.
- Reduce the sauce mixture and drizzle on top of the pork belly.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More