Now this is a dish guaranteed to impress! Sharing familiar flavor notes with the Spanish sopa mariscos and the French bouillabaisse, this tahong estofado first makes use of tender seafood rolled in breadcrumbs and quickly deep-fries each piece for a layer of crunch that will absorb the sauce you’ll be making. The rich tomato sauce is paired with mellow slices of bell pepper, and when you toss in the breaded tahong, it’s going to be one heck of a plateful that will fast become a family favorite. The best part? It doesn’t take long to prepare this dish as the simmering time is quite short, so even when you’re tired, you’ll have this impressive plate of seafood to look forward to. Feel free to bread and fry other seafood to include in this dish, such as squid or firm white-fleshed fish like dory, for an unforgettable meal.
- 1-1/2 kg tahong (boiled (reserve 1/2 cup broth) and shells removed)
- 2 pc eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 grams (large) onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 red and green peppers (cut into strips)
- 1 pouch tomato sauce 250 g
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Marinate tahong in 1 tbsp calamansi juice, 1/2 tsp iodized rock salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper for 30 minutes.
- Dip each piece in egg, and roll in bread crumbs. Deep-fry until golden brown. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic and onions in margarine. Pour in tomato sauce, ketchup and tahong broth. Season with 1/2 tsp hot sauce, 1/2 tsp iodized fine salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tahong and bell peppers. Simmer until cooked.
Recipe Source here
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More