- 3 boneless chicken breasts (6 oz each)
- 1 1-5 oz can lentils, drained
- 1 bunch Swiss chard
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 vegetable or chicken broth
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried sage
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp + 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 chopped fresh rosemary (or 2 tsp dried)
- 2 cloves pressed garlic
- 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler to low and place stainless steel skillet or baking pan large enough to hold chicken under heat in middle of oven. Do not use glass or Pyrex dish for this. Season chicken breasts with a little salt and pepper. When pan is hot, place chicken breasts in hot pan and return to middle rack under broiler. Broil for about 15-20 minutes.
- While chicken is broiling, bring pot of water large enough to cook the chard to a boil.
- Chop chard.
- Chop onion, garlic, mushrooms, thyme, and sage and then sauté them in medium sauté pan over medium-low heat for just about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add drained canned lentils. Walnuts and 3 tbsp broth and heat through.
- Puree mixture in blender or food processor with salt and pepper to taste. You will have to scrape sides of blender with a rubber spatula a few tomes.
- When water has came to a boil, add chard and boil for 3 minutes.
- Drain chard and toss with 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 3 tbsp lemon juice, pressed garlic, chopped rosemary, salt and pepper in small sauté pan and heat on stove for a minutes. Turn off heat and whisk in 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Remove skin from chicken, slice into thirds, and serve with pureed lentils and chard. Drizzle rosemary lemon broth over chicken and lentils. Serve.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More