- 2 ounces unsweetened
- Chocolate (2 squares)
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder ½ tsp. salt ½ cup chopped nuts
- Grease a square pan.
- Melt chocolate and shortening in hot water.
- Beat in eggs and sugar.
- Blend flour. Baking powder and salt.
- Add nuts; mix well.
- Spread mixture in pan.
- In oven preheated at 350”F, bake for 30-35 minutes or until your finger leaves a slight imprint on the cake.
- Cool slightly and cut into squares.
- If desired, add chocolate frosting