for the crepe:
- 2 pandan leaves
- 1 c. water
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 c. plain flour
- 2 tbsps. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsps. melted butter
- extra 1 tbsp. melted butter mixed with 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- green and yellow food colouring (optional)
for the buco filling:
- 1 c. grated or shredded buco meat
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1/2 c. condensed milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp. corn flour
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Snip the pandan leaves into little pieces and add to the water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes to make pandan water. Leave to cool, then strain.
- Put 3/4 c. of the pandan water into a mixing bowl and add the rest of the ingredients, except for the butter mixed with oil. Whisk until smooth. Add a few drops of green and yellow food coloring.
- Heat up a non-stick pan. I used one with a bottom that measures 7″ in diameter. Add a tsp. of the oil and butter mixture.
- Swirl around to coat the bottom of the pan then pour the rest back into the oil mixture. You only need a light coating of oil in the pan.
- Add 1/2 c. of the crepe batter. Swirl to coat the bottom of the pan evenly. Cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat until set. Flip to cook the other side for another minute. Slide the cooked crepe onto a plate. Cook the rest of the batter. This will make about 8 crepes. Disperse the corn flour in the milk in a mixing bowl. Add the condensed milk and egg yolks. Whisk together. Transfer to a saucepan and add in the buco meat.
- Bring to a boil while stirring constantly on low heat. Simmer until thick. Take off the heat and add the butter. Stir. For the sprinkle:
- Toast 1/4 c. of unsweetened desiccated coconut in a dry pan until light brown. To assemble the dish:Wrap 2 tbsps. of the filling in a crepe.
- Sprinkle with the toasted coconut. Makes 8 crepes. Allow 2 filled crepes per serving.
Recipe Source here
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More