Craving for a delightful desserts? Try this one of the famous desserts in the Philippines the “Buko Salad“.
Since coconut is one of the main products of the Philippines,well this is the reason why “Buko Salad” is well-known here. This is from the young coconut (which is needed to be raked) that has milk and fruits in it.
Well many of us would love it because aside from its being tasteful,it’s also easy to make. It’s a hassle free dessert since the ingredients can be easily found in any convenient store (except the young coconut).
All you need to do is to prepare all the ingredients that will be needed. Rake the coconut,put it in a food bowl add the milk and the cream (add some more milk if you wanted your Buko salad’s very sweet). Then add the fruits (chopped fresh fruits will also do) then mixed up all the ingredients put it in your refrigerator wait for a few mins,then your “Buko Salad” is now ready for you to eat!
- 4 cups young coconut (buko), shredded
- 12 ounces coconut gel (nata de coco), drained
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks, drained
- 7 ounces table cream
- 6 ounces sugar palm fruit (kaong), drained
- 2 cans fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- In a mixing bowl, combine young coconut, kaong, nata de coco, pineapple chunks, and fruit cocktail. Gently stir to distribute the ingredients.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and table cream. Mix until all the ingredients are properly distributed.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve for dessert.
Recipe Source here
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More