- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups chopped onions
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 bay leaves
- 3 ½ pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into 1 ½ inch cubes
- 3 tbsp sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 tbsp grated lemon peel
- 1 tsp dried summer savory
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 cups beef stock or canned broth
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Add onions, garlic, and bay leaves then sauté until onions are golden then sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- Add to pot then add paprika, lemon peel, savory, and cayenne pepper and stir until meat is coated.
- Add stocks and wine then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and let it simmer until meat is very tender.
- Transfer meat to bowl then mix butter and flour then add to cooking liquid in pot. Whisking constantly.
- Simmer until cooking liquid thickens then season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Cook noodles in large pot of boiling salted water until tender. Drain.
- Bring stew to simmer then sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More