- 1/2 lb medium to large sized squid, cleaned and sliced into rings
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 piece raw egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooking oil
For Garlic Mayo Dip
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- One half tsp white pepper
- Combine squid, salt, and ground black pepper then mix well. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat a cooking pot the pour-in cooking oil.
- Dredge the squid in flour then dip in beaten egg and roll over breadcrumbs.
- When the oil is hot enough, deep-fry the squid until the color of the coating turns brown. Note: This should only take about 2 to 3 minutes in medium heat. Do not overcook the squid.
- Remove the fried squid from the cooking pot and transfer in a plate lined with paper towels.
- Mix Garlic Mayo Dip ingredients in a bowl and serve with calamares.
- Share and enjoy!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More