With a lip-smacking savory goodness reminiscent of barbecued chicken and its flavorful marinade, this recipe combines the usual ingredients of a Pinoy barbecue sauce—ketchup, garlic cloves and soy sauce—and mixes it with honey instead of sugar for a healthy baked dish that cooks gently in the oven in its own juices and the sauce, retaining the moisture and tenderness of the chicken meat while coming with a ready sauce that’s absolute heaven to spoon over your rice as you eat. Whether you’re using chicken legs or wings for this recipe, don’t skimp on the olive oil added here, as you don’t want the meat to stick to the pan and burn while it’s in the process of caramelizing. This is great with steamed vegetables and mashed potatoes, and will satisfy even the pickiest eaters thanks to its piquant sauce and familiar taste.
- 2 1⁄2lbs chicken legs
- 1 2⁄3tablespoons olive oil (to help it stop sticking to the pan)
- 1⁄2cup soy sauce
- 1 2⁄3tablespoons ketchup
- 3⁄4cup honey
- 2 -3garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place chicken in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Mix together the oil, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Bake in preheated oven for one hour, or until sauce is caramelized.
- Could also use wings or pork ribs.
Recipe Source here
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More