Cassava Cake with Creamy Custard Topping Recipe
- Butter for greasing the pan
- 1 lb grated Cassava (if frozen, thaw first)
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed Milk
- 1 14 oz can Coconut Milk
- 2 large Eggs
- ¼ – ⅛ teaspoon ground Cardamom (optional but highly recommended)
- For the Custard Topping
- ½ a 14 oz can of condense milk
- ¼ cup Half-n-half (Single Cream)
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 Tablespoons brown Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Generously grease the bottom and sides of a baking dish (9×9 or an 8×11).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the grated cassava, condensed milk, coconut milk, eggs, and ground cardamom (if using) until well-mixed. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until almost fully set. Remove from the oven and pour the custard sauce on top tilting the pan gently to ensure that the sauce has spread evenly. Bake for another 20 minutes or until the custard has set.
- Remove the pan from the oven and set the oven to broil. Sprinkle the brown sugar on top. Place under the broiler for about 2 minutes or until the top is nicely golden and caramelized or use a flame torch to achive the same result.
- Cool completely before slicing.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More