1 medium-size onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
250 grams pork, cubed
250 ml water
125 ml tomato sauce
62 grams sweet pickle relish
125 grams hotdogs, diced
62 grams raisins
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 beef cube
125 grams pineapple chunks
62 grams roasted bell pepper
62 grams liver spread
60 grams cheese, grated
125 grams bread crumbs
2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced or wedged
2 pieces eggs, raw
- In a cooking pot, add cooking oil and sauté garlic and onions.
- Add the pork and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Put in the beef cube, water, and tomato sauce then bring to a boil. Simmer until the pork is tender and the liquid completely evaporates. Set aside and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked pork, salt, ground black pepper, hot dog, bread crumbs, liver spread, sweet pickle relish, pineapple chunks, raisins, and cheese.
- Mix all the ingredients until everything is well incorporated.
- Grease a llanera and arrange the sliced eggs and roasted sweet pepper.
- Pour close to half of the beaten egg mixture and ensure that the eggs are well distributed on the llanera.
- Scoop the pork mixture in to the llanera until it occupies at least 3/4 of the total volume.
- Cover the whole llanera with aluminum foil.
- Pour at least 6 cups of water in the steamer. Arrange the containers in the steamer and steam for 50 minutes.
- Remove the steamed mixture from the llanera and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve either hot or cold.