1 kilo beef brisket, sliced into wide thin sheets
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 medium-sized carrot, quartered lengthwise
1 stalk celery, cut lengthwise
1 whole pickled cucumber, quartered lengthwise
5 pcs hotdog, quartered lengthwise
6 slices bacon
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup vegetable oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium-sized red onion, chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons green olives
2 cups beef stock
2 pcs dried bay leaves
3/4 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup tomato sauce
Dried parsley, chopped for garnish
Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the beef with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Wrap one piece of carrot, celery, pickled cucumber, and hotdog with one slice of bacon.
- Put the wrapped filling in the center of the beef, then roll.
- Tie with kitchen twine.
- Repeat procedure for the rest of the beef.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Dredge beef rolls in flour, and fry until evenly light brown.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- On the same pan, heat oil and saute the garlic, onion, green olives and tomato paste for one minute.
- Add the stock, bay leaves, pineapple juice, soy sauce, and tomato sauce.
- Stir and bring to a boil.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat and simmer the beef rolls until tender.
- Remove the beef rolls from the saucepan and let it cool slightly.
- Strain and simmer sauce until thick.
- Remove kitchen twine from the beef rolls and cut into slices.
- Pour the sauce over the beef rolls.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.