1/2 kilo grilled pork belly (inihaw na liempo ), chopped
1/2 kilo fresh tuna meat, cut into cubes
2 cups cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced
1 ¼ cup cane vinegar
1 medium-size red onion, diced
2 tablespoons ginger, julienned
4 pieces finger chilies, sliced
3 calamansi or
4 to 6 pieces siling haba, chopped
2 pcs siling labuyo
salt to taste
- In large bowl, place the tuna meat and add 1/2 cup of vinegar, then marinate.
- Drain the vinegar then add cucumber, onion, ginger, finger chili, labuyo and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Squeeze the calamansi until all the juices are extracted then add the remaining 3/4 cup vinegar. Mix well and soak for another 10 minutes.
- Now add the chopped grilled pork belly and mix well.
- Place the mixture inside the refrigerator for one hour.
- To serve, check the seasoning and add more salt if necessary then transfer to a serving plate
1 k. fresh mushrooms
¼ k. pork, sliced into strips
¼ k. shrimps, shelled and deveined
1 tbsp. garlic, chopped
1 tbsp. onion, sliced
2 tbsp. cooking oil
2 tbsp. guinamos (visayan shrimp paste)
1 t bsp. Oyster sauce
1 big patola (loofah gourd), sliced
salt to taste
Fish sauce to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the garlic and the onion.
- Add the shrimp, pork, bagoong and oyster sauce.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to sauté until tender.
- Add some water and follow with the patola.
- Season with salt before serving.
1 head garlic, crushed
2 medium-size onion, sliced
½ k. pork, sliced into strips
¼ k. pork liver, sliced into strips
1 green papaya, sliced into strips
1 finger pepper
2 packs misua noodles
4 cups water
Sugar to taste
Pepper to taste
2 tbsp. fish sauce
- Heat oil and sauté garlic, onion and pork. Sauté for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add water and all the other ingredients except the misua noodles.
- Season with sugar, pepper and fish sauce according to taste. Allow to simmer until cooked.
- Add the misua noodles and continue to simmer for 5minutes more.
1 bundle kangkong
½ tbsp. guinamos (visayan shrimps paste)
½ tbsp. sliced spring onion
½ tbsp. minced garlic
1 whole red bell pepper, sliced into strips
¼ k. pork, cubed
5 pcs. Shrimps, sliced
½ cup tuba vinegar (or any vinegar)
1 tbsp. sugar
½ tbsp. soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, chopped
- Wash kangkong thoroughly in running water. Remove wilted leaves. Slice the stalks and remove the leaves.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the garlic onions.
- Add the pork and shrimps until cooked.
- Add the kangkong stalks and leaves. Stir a little.
- Add the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and guinamos. Allow to simmer until kangkong is crispy. Garnish with sliced bell pepper.
300g pork intestines
1/2 liter water
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup vinegar
2 pcs laurel
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp black peppercorns
1/2 head garlic
spring onion for garnish
1/3 cup adobo broth
1 tbsp butter
1. In a pot, place pork intestines, water, soy, vinegar, laurel, sugar, peppercorn and garlic and boil. Cook until pork is done.
2. Melt butter in a small pan and add a little adobo broth for basting.
3. Skewer the intestines and grill while basting the pork until charred.
4. Garnish with spring onions and serve with vinegar and garlic.
200g chicken liver
salt and pepper
1 head lettuce
1 cucumber, shredded
1 ripe mango, balls
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup water
2 tablespoons sweet rice wine
1 tablespoon, plus 2 teaspoons brown sugar
¼ cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons minced ginger
3 tablespoons slurry
- For the teriyaki sauce, combine all ingredients in a sauce pan until thick. Set aside.
- Season liver with salt and pepper then wrap with bacon and secure with toothpick.
- Pan fry and set aside.
- Assemble the dish, place lettuce and cucumber on plate, top with bacon wrapped liver, add mangoes and drizzle with teriyaki. Serve.
1/2 kilo pork heart
1/2 kilo pork lungs
300g pork fat, skin on
7 cloves garlic, minced
1 large red onion, minced
4 pcs bay leaves
1 large red bell pepper, finely diced
1 tbsp siling labuyo or cayenne pepper
1 tbsp annatto powder, dissolved in 3 tbsp stock
2 stalks lemongrass
1 knot pandan leaves
3 cups vinegar
1 cup pork stock fish sauce
salt and freshly ground black pepper
green chili pepper for garnish
4-5 big bell peppers
- In large frying pan, add pork fat, heart and lungs, lemongrass, pandan leaves, 1 cup of vinegar, 1 tbsp salt and enough water to cover the meat.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove meat, let it cool then dice the meat finely. Set aside.
- In a heavy pan, heat oil and sauté garlic and onions. Add the chopped meat, cayenne pepper and bay leaves, stir fry for 3 minutes. 5. Add bell pepper, 1 cup of vinegar and stock, bring to a boil and simmer in high heat until sauce thickens.
- Add more vinegar if you want it more sour.
- Add annatto powder mixture then season with fish sauce and lots of freshly ground black pepper.
- Simmer for 2 minutes then place in big bell peppers and garnish with green chili pepper. Serve with hot rice.