300g medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup canned water chestnut slices
1 tbsp spring onions, chopped
1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon rice wine
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
ground black pepper, to taste
1 egg white
3 teaspoons cornstarch, or as needed
1 pc orange, juiced
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp vinegar
2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
1 head red and green lolo roso
1/3 pc carrot, julienned
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 cup fried rice noodles
- Place the shrimp and water chestnuts in a food processor and pulse.
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, water chestnuts with the rest of the ingredients and form the mixture into small balls about 1/2 the size of golf balls.
- Deep-fry the balls, turning constantly, until they are crisp and golden. Remove and drain on paper towels, set aside.
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients and mix well. set aside.
- Assemble the salad and drizzle with asian sauce and tip with fried rice noodles.
1 k. shrimps
1 cup thin coconut milk
1 thumb – size ginger, crushed
1 tsp. turmeric
3 pcs. Siling labuyo, ground
Salt to taste
¼ cup green onions, cut into 1 centimeter lengths
- Shell the shrimps. Split back and remove veins.
- Place shrimps in a saucepan. Add the thin coconut milk and ginger. Bring to a boil until shrimps turn red. Add the turmeric.
- Stir in siling labuyo and add salt to taste. Boil until coconut oil comes out.
- Remove from the fire. Add the green onions and serve.
2 kls. Crab
1 ½ cans crushed pineapple, drained
¾ k. corn, boiled and grated ( optional )
2 stalks celery, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 onions, chopped
2 chicken bouillon cubes
2 eggs beaten
2 tbsps. Cornstarch
Salt and pepper
- In a deep pan, place the crabs, salt and crushed pineapple syrup; allow to simmer. Fake crab meat and reserve crab shells.
- Saute the onions, celery, grated corn, bell peppers and chicken bouillon in a skillet. Add the crab meat and crushed pineapple. Season to taste and cook for 5 minutes. Add the egg. Fill crab shells with ¼ cup of sautéed mixture. Sprinkle with cornstarch. Fry surface until lightly golden brown. Top with grated cheese, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
Download the printable version of the recipe here.
3 tbsp oil
4pcs garlic, pounded
1 thumb sized ginger, sliced and pounded
4 pcs finger chili, sliced
2 stalks lemongrass, pounded and tied
2 tbsp bagoong
3 cups coconut milk
patis to taste
4-5 pcs alimasag
4 cups spinach
bunch of cilantro to top
- In a large pot, sauté the garlic, lemongrass, and ginger.
- Add the coconut milk then bring to a boil.
- Put in the shrimp paste and fish sauce and cook until the coconut milk is thick.
- Add the finger chili and simmer.
- Put the crabs in the pot and mix until evenly covered with coconut milk. Simmer until crabs are cooked.
- Add the spinach last and transfer to a plate.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve hot
FRIED SUGPO AT BABY SQUID
300g prawns, head and skin on, deveined
250g baby squid, cleaned
2 cups cornstarch
oil for deep frying
salt and pepper to taste
- Coat prawns and squid in cornstarch and deep fry in hot oil.
- Drain on paper towels and set aside.