- Dry breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp Flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Set pan of water in oven. Prepare an 8 cup soufflé dish (4 to 5 high). Butter dish and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs.
- Cook 2 ½ tablespoons butter and 3 tablespoon flour together slowly to make roux (foamy and frothy). Pour ¾ cup scalded milk into roux, stirring with wire whisk; cook until thick. Add ½ teaspoon salt, dash each pepper and nutmeg. Add 3 egg yolks to sauce.
- Beat 6 egg whites ¾ cup; add dash salt and ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar, continue beating until soft peaks form. Put Big dollop of egg white into sauce . add 1 cup grated swiss cheese(gruyere)
Or 1 cup chopped seafood . fold eggwhites into sauce . Fill mold to 2/3.
- Set in pan of water in oven. Bake 1 hr to 1 hr and 15 minutes . can leave in warm oven for ½ hour. If necessary.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More