Thinking for your snack today? Why not go cheesy? Cheese sticks!
Cheese sticks are Filipino appetizers made with cheese wrapped in spring roll wrapper and deep-fried until golden and crisp. This snack is different from the common Mozarella sticks in the US, which are elongated pieces of battered or breaded mozzarella. Cheese stick recipe is as easy as 1-2-3. Slice the cheese, stuff it in the lumpia wrapper, and fry it. Easy, right? Just make sure that the wrappers are tight as possible to prevent the cheese from leaking. Also, the oil should be so hot to make your sticks brown and crispy even before the cheese would melt. For the sauce, sweet and spicy sauce is commonly used, but you can make your own, depending on your preference. Cheese sticks can also be prepared in advance or be stored before use by ensuring that they are well-refrigerated.
This finger food is now a hit both among children and adults so make yourself an expert. Follow the recipe below, and let us know what you think of it. Enjoy!
- 10-15 lumpia wrappers
- 100 grams (3.5 oz.) cheddar cheese
- oil for deep frying
- water for sealing lumpia wrappers
- Seal the lumpia wrappers for about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Slice the cheese into 10-15 sticks, each about 3 inches long and 1/2 inch wide. Put each stick in a lumpia wrapper. Seal each.
- Deep fry each cheese stick until golden brown and crisp. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Serve hot with your sauce.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More