- 2 kilos pork mesentery
- 1 pc carrot (peeled and cut to small sizes)
- 8 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 medium onions
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 tsp whole peppercorn
- 2 tbsp salt
- cooking oil for deep frying
- Wash and rinse the masentery many times until the foul or bitter odor is reduced, if not totally eliminated.
- Arrange the pork mesentery in a large, heavy casserole and cover with enough water. Let the water boil on high heat.
- Scoop out all the scum that will appear on the surface during the initial boiling stage.
- When the broth is clear, adjust the heat to low and add all the ingredients and continue simmering until the meat is just tender.
- Remove the meat from the broth, let it cool, drain and slightly dry up. (You can wrap and freeze it if frying is to be done some other time.)
- To fry, heat enough oil in a large wok or deep frying pan. Slice the boiled meat to manageable sizes. With utmost care, deep fry the meat in batches.
- Flip them over if necessary to attain even cooking on two sides, golden brown and crisp.
- Remove excess oil from the cooked meat by properly draining it in paper towel.
- Arrange the “chicharon bulaklak” in serving platter along with your preferred
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More