- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 6 sprigs plus 1 tablespoon minced flat leaf parsley
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 200g shiitake mushrooms, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups 1-inch cubed poached chicken
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 4pcs Bread bowls
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 1/4 cup of the butter, and saute the shallots until softened. Sprinkle in the flour, and cook for a minute.
- Whisk in the sherry and broth and bring to a boil. Add the parsley and thyme sprigs, lower the heat and simmer.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining butter in a pan, saute the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Strain the sauce into mushrooms and season with the salt, pepper, cayenne, and nutmeg. Whisk in the heavy cream.
- Add the chicken, and chives to the sauce, and bring to a simmer. Serve immediately on bread bowls and garnish with parsley.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....