- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 6 sprigs plus 1 tablespoon minced flat leaf parsley
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 200g shiitake mushrooms, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups 1-inch cubed poached chicken
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 4pcs Bread bowls
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 1/4 cup of the butter, and saute the shallots until softened. Sprinkle in the flour, and cook for a minute.
- Whisk in the sherry and broth and bring to a boil. Add the parsley and thyme sprigs, lower the heat and simmer.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining butter in a pan, saute the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Strain the sauce into mushrooms and season with the salt, pepper, cayenne, and nutmeg. Whisk in the heavy cream.
- Add the chicken, and chives to the sauce, and bring to a simmer. Serve immediately on bread bowls and garnish with parsley.