- 1 whole chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 4 cups coconut water
- 2 cups coconut meat
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 small green papaya, wedged
- 1 cup dahon ng sili
- 4 stalks lemon grass, cut in 1 inch length and pounded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat cooking pot and pour cooking oil.
- Sauté garlic, onions, ginger, and lemon grass for one minute.
- Add the chicken. Stir and cook until the color turns light brown.
- Add the ground black pepper and fish sauce. Stir.
- Put the coconut meat, coconut water, and chicken broth.
Allow to boil, and then simmer.
- Add the green papaya. Simmer until cook.
- Put in dahon ng sili and cook for another minute.
- Turn the heat off, and then transfer to a serving bowl.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More