- 1 k fresh whole chicken
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. white pepper
- 2 brown onions
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 thumb – size fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. light soya sauce
- 1 tbsp. fresh calamansi juice
- ¾ liter chicken stock
- Chili leaves
- Clean and prepare the chicken, cut into small pieces. Season with salt and pepper and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Slice onions and tomatoes, cut the ginger into julienne strips and crush the garlic.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and sauté the ginger and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour in the soya, calamansi juice and chicken stock; bring to a boil. Boil rapidly for 2 minutes; add the chili leaves.
- Lower the heat, place a tightly fitting lid on the pan and simmer gently until chicken is tender. Remove chili leaves before serving.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More