- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 500g skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 10-15 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Vegetable oil, for grilling
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
For Peanut Sauce:
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons red chili paste (sambal)
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, to top for garnish
- Combine the yogurt, ginger, garlic, and curry powder in a mixing bowl, stir to combine. Place the chicken strips in the yogurt marinade and gently toss until well coated. Cover and let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto the soaked skewers working the skewer in and out of the meat.
- Grill the chicken satays for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until nicely seared and cooked through. Serve the satays on a platter and top with cilantro; serve with peanut sauce on the side.
- Combine the peanut, soy sauce, red chili paste, brown sugar, and lime juice in a food processor or blender. Puree to combine. While the motor is running, drizzle in the hot water to thin out the sauce.
- Pour the sauce into a serving bowl and garnish with the chopped peanuts. Serve with chicken satay.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More