- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 kilo chicken, skinned and quartered
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 small carrots, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- Fine black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Cook onion over low heat until sot but not colored.
- Add garlic, carrots, and celery. Cook for a few more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken portions, salt and pepper.
- Pour stock to cover chicken and vegetables. Add more stock or water, if necessary.
- Allow to boil, then lower heat and simmer until chicken tender.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Remove chicken bones and dice meat. Skim any fat from surface of soup.
- Put diced meat into soup, stir, and reheat.
- Transfer into bowls and serve hot.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More