- 3/4 cup mashed potatoes
- 1, 16 ounces, package confectioners sugar
- 4 cups flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons soft butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 package chocolate fudge frosting mix
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate coating.
- Drop mixture by heaping teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper.
- Roll into balls. Chill 1/2 to 1 hour or until firm.
- If mixture is too soft to form balls, chill before shaping.
- Prepare chocolate coating: In top of double boiler, mix butter, corn syrup and water. Stir in frosting mix, dry, until smooth. Heat over rapidly boiling water 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using tongs or forks, dip balls in coating, turning to coat evenly. Keep coating over hot water while dipping balls.
- Remove balls from coating and place on waxed paper or wire rack. Chill until firm.
- If instant mashed potatoes are used, prepare as directed on package for 2 servings.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More