- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 cup mushrooms cut in small pieces
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chopped celery
- Chinese noodles
- soy sauce to taste
- Cook mushrooms, onions, celery and margarine in the water for 10 minutes.
- Then add the soy sauce and oil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Thicken with the cornstarch and cook up well.
- Serve by spoonfuls on cooked rice or sprinkle with Chinese noodles that have been warmed to make crisp.
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings.