- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups powdered full cream milk ( Nido)
- 1 1/2 cup or 1/4 bar melted butter
- 2 cups sugar ( we recommend confectioners sugar )
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Wooden spoon
- Japanese paper (papel de hapon) or cellophane
- Polvoron molder
- On a pan, toast flour in moderate heat for about 15 minutes, or until light brown, stirring constantly to avoid burning.
- Remove the pan and transfer the mixture into a big bowl.
- Add the powdered milk, and toss for another 3-4 minutes, then add sugar and melted butter. Mix well using the wooden spoon.
- Fill the Polvoron mould with the mixture, press it hard by using a spoon, then release it. If it is still too loose, add more butter or olive oil. Make sure that you could pick up the polvoron without it crumbling straight away.
- Place the Polvoron in an airtight container, then chill in the fridge until firm.
- Carefully wrap the polvoron individually in japanese paper or cellophane.
- Keep the Polvoron refrigerated until you want to eat them. You can store them on the fridge for about a week, or you can freeze them.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More