- 1/2 kilo Chicken intestines
- 1 cup flour
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- dried chili powder (optional)
- 1 large egg
- 6 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- Canola oil for deep frying
- Buy cleaned chicken intestine only from a trusted retailer. Clean the intestines again by gently squeezing it with fingers to remove some remaining waste. Pass a running water through the intestine by using a small water hose. Or to be sure open the intestines with scissors and clean it with running water.
- Then boil it by adding salt and pepper while boiling. Add vinegar then simmer until the intestines are tender (about 30 minutes). Drain and set aside to dry.
- In a large mixing bowl, cut the “isaw” into desired length (approximately 3 inches) then skewer it.
- Add in the egg, soy sauce and all the dry ingredients. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients.
- Deep fry until golden brown.