Original Crispy Pata Recipe
- 1 pork’s front leg (pata)
- 1 bottle 7 up or sprite (softdrinks)
- 1½ cups water
- 1 tbsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vetsin
- 2 tbsp. patis
- 2 tbsp. flour oil fro frying
- Clean pata and slit skin (3-4 slits on both sides) without cutting bone. Place in a deep pan with a tight cover. Add water, 7 Up and salt. Bring to a boil. After 15 minutes, add baking soda. Baking soda will hasten the softening of the pata’s skin. Continue cooking. If water dries up and pata is not yet done, add another cup of water. Meat should not be too tender. Drain when done. Hang for 1 day or place in refrigerator overnight to make skin dry.
- Before frying, brush with patis and sprinkle with flour generously. Deep fry until crispy and golden brown.
- Put off the heat and pour ¼ cup water. This will make the skin more crispy.
- # Serve with this sauce: Vinegar with 2 cloves garlic (crushed), a little salt, pepper and 1 small hot pepper (siling labuyo).
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More