There’s nothing quite like a freshly-made doughtnut. Slightly crisp on the outer edges, but fluffy on the inside, doughnuts delight eaters of all ages. Best served when they’ve just been fried or baked, doughnuts can make any day feel special. This treat is actually quite easy to prepare in a home kitchen, and can serve as a wonderful end to a meal.
This recipe pairs the softness of a warm, freshly-made doughnut with the creamy and sweet coolness of yogurt. This doughnut recipe already includes some yogurt and ground almonds in its dough, making it healthier than the traditional cream preparations while adding a nuance to its flavor that works well with the yogurt that’s already in the dip. Remember to drain these well to avoid having overly-greasy doughnuts. With a light dusting of caster sugar, you’re sure to end up with a dessert that’s dreamy and delicious!
- 2 cups self –raising flour; sifted
- ½ cup packaged ground almond
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- ½ cup plain yogurt (for dough)
- 1/4cup warm water
- Extra butter for deep- frying
- 1/2cup caster sugar(confectioner’s sugar)
- Combine sifted flour and almonds in large bowl. In melted butter.
- Stir in combined yogurt and water. Mix to a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Dived dough into desired number of portions. Roll portion s into balls, then flatten with fingers.
- Melt extra butter in medium saucepan.
- Deep-fry doughnuts a few at a time for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan, and drain on absorbent paper.
- Toss hot doughnuts in caster sugar, then serve with sweet yogurt.
- To make sweet yogurt dip; Combine 1 cup yogurt and sifted icing sugar in a small bowl . Mix well.
- Doughnuts are best made close to serving time.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More